kaitlynsigler

KaitMar Book Reviews

I'm just an average 22 year old college student, currently living in Iowa. I love fiction books, mostly romance.

Crushing on Love: Shannon Braden (Book 4: Bradens at Peaceful Harbor) (Love in Bloom: The Bradens) - Melissa Foster

Crushing on Love is an adorable addition to the Bradens series. I love how the setting in the mountains and town is described. It made me miss how peaceful nature can be away from cities and bigger towns.

I enjoyed the characters in this book.

Steve Johnson amazes me with how much restraint and caution he has. When most people would act on their desires, he thinks it through and thinks about the long-term consequences. He thinks it through when it comes to his actions with nature and in his relationships. I like that about him. His passion for nature and wanting to protect it is a huge part of this story.

Shannon Braden makes me smile. Her bubbly and sociable personality makes her very likable. Like most of the Bradens, when she wants something, she goes for it. If it isn't for her wanting to pursue something with Steve, I'm not sure Steve would ever take the risk. They are an adorable couple.

There are times that Shannon did frustrate me though. Steve look into ways to keep their relationship together and make things work. To me, it seems like Shannon doesn't make the same efforts as Steve. Shannon focuses so much on her life in Peaceful Harbor that she doesn't take much time to think of a life with Steve in Colorado.

Life decisions can be difficult to make, but they are often necessary to make for one's own happiness and growth.

I received this book to review through Beck Valley Books Book Tours, all the opinions above are 100% my own.