kaitlynsigler

KaitMar Book Reviews

I'm just an average 22 year old college student, currently living in Iowa. I love fiction books, mostly romance.

River of Love (Love in Bloom: The Bradens): Sam Braden - Melissa Foster

River of Love is a great addition to the Love in Bloom series.

Faith is a caring and independent woman. She protects her heart after a relationship gone bad. She put together a forum for women who also got cheated on. Faith helped bring a group of women together to form each others' support system.

Sam has been a playboy for years. He's loyal to his family and very caring. As tough as Sam is with his adventures and businesses, there's a softer side to him that Sam keeps protected.
Sam's playboy past can be a hard pill to swallow for a girl who was once betrayed by an ex. Sam desires Faith to give him a chance and not to judge a book by it's cover.

Beyond the humor and watching the two main characters grow, my favorite part about this book is how well Sam communicates. I love his honesty and willingness to speak his mind. Sam encourages Faith to be open with him about her feelings, worries, and concerns. If that communication was not there, the story could have gone very differently.

There wasn't much drama or action within this book. I kept waiting for something bad to happen to Faith or Sam. When it finally did happen, I had not expected that situation.

The story focuses on the growth of the characters. Reading about how Faith and Sam evolve and grow as people and as a couple made the story very adorable and relatable.

I'm thrilled that Sam finally has his story. I've been curious when and if he'd ever fall in love. I'm still curious about the other Braden siblings find out where their stories take them.

I received this book to review through Beck Valley Books Book Tours, all the opinions above are 100% my own.