kaitlynsigler

KaitMar Book Reviews

I'm just an average 22 year old college student, currently living in Iowa. I love fiction books, mostly romance.

Laguna Lights: (Laguna Beach Book 3) - Kaira Rouda

I've been curious how Laguna Lights would turn out with Laura's story ever since Laguna Nights came out where Laura had messed with Madison's life.

Laura created her Reality TV Persona back in high school when her and many of her classmates were on reality tv show called Laguna Nights. Years after the show had ended, Laura's found that she's become that persona, even off set from any tv show. Talk about waking up from a nightmare if that's someone you've never truly wanted to become.

After finding out her long-term boyfriend from high school has been looking up other women, Laura's finding herself questioning her own happiness. She's finally realizing she's been chasing after a dream that wasn't even hers, rather than focusing on her own happiness.

After a crash meeting with Paul Dorn, a worker at a surf shop in Laguna Beach studying the marketing of his own products, Laura questions whether she wants to keep chasing that dream or focus on her own happiness.

Throughout the story, Laura's mother got on my nerves. At one point, Laura's mother tried to get Laura back with her long-time boyfriend, Scott, who Laura recently split with, even though Scott had been looking for other women while being with Laura, rather than focusing on what would make Laura happy. It seems like Laura's mother doubted Laura's own ability to provide for herself.

There was one incident in the book that confused me at first. At one chapter, Laura and Paul had just met a few days ago. The next chapter jumped to two weeks later. All the rest of the chapters after listed the time period or how much time has passed from the previous chapter to the new one.

I was very pleased with how Laura's story turned out. I enjoyed reading from Laura's point of view.

I received this book to review through Beck Valley Books Book Tours, all the opinions above are 100% my own.