kaitlynsigler

KaitMar Book Reviews

I'm just an average 22 year old college student, currently living in Iowa. I love fiction books, mostly romance.

Wild Boys After Dark: Logan - Melissa Foster

The first book of the Wild Boys After Dark series drew me in right away. Based on how the book started off in the first chapter, I knew the book would be a great read. Melissa Foster wrote another great book and series!

Stella, who also goes by Stormy, is in a situation that no one wold want to be in. Stormy has a hard time relaxing with a crazy ex who is into an illegal business and wants her dead. It's upsetting that she's had to leave family and friends behind to avoid her ex going after them. After a few months of being able to let her guard down a little with her ex being behind bars, he's now suppose to be released in a matter of days.

Logan Wild is a private investigator who holds his family close, even closer after the incident that left his mother blind and his father dead. He blames himself for not being there to help protect them because he was overseas fighting the war. He buries his guilt into work and women, at least, that was until he met Stormy.

The first night Logan and Stormy met, some drunk guy at a bachelor party tried to take advantage of Stormy. Logan, always being the hero, came to Stormy's rescue. Something about Stormy spiked his protectiveness, even when he barely knew her.

It didn't take Logan long to figure out Stormy was in trouble, but would Stormy open up enough to let him know why and how she was in trouble? Throughout the book, I wondered if Stormy would ever let her guards down enough to trust Logan and if he could do enough to protect her from what her ex could be planning.

I received this book to review through Beck Valley Books Book Tours, all the opinions above are 100% my own.