kaitlynsigler

KaitMar Book Reviews

I'm just an average 22 year old college student, currently living in Iowa. I love fiction books, mostly romance.

Laguna Heights (Laguna Beach Book 2) - Kaira Rouda

The Laguna Heights novel drew me in right away and held my interest to the very end. I couldn't put the book down because I wanted to know what would happen to Annie, both the present and past parts of the story. I wanted to know how she'd handle the situations as well.

Annie seemed like such a sweet girl in Laguna Nights and the way the novel had described how she was portrayed on their high school reality show. Even the nicest and supportive people can have horrible things happen to them, much like Annie did.

Annie's relationship with Chris in college seems to move very quickly. There were parts of the novel that, as a reader, I could see there were signs that Chris was not completely stable or that their relationship wasn't healthy. I feared for Annie. I'm pleased that she had people to turn to in times of trouble. I would hope anyone in an unhealthy relationship would have someone they could turn to for help.

Hank was there to help Annie get through the Chris situation. He was caring, understanding, and loving towards Annie during that hard time. They eventually got married and have kids. Now Chris is showing back up, threatening the secret Annie has kept from Hank, and could possibly damage the marriage Annie's formed with Hank.

I kept hoping for the best for Annie throughout the novel. I had to keep reading until the end to know how Annie's situation would turn out. I am very pleased with how the ending turned out.

I received this book to review through Beck Valley Books Book Tours, all the opinions above are 100% my own.