kaitlynsigler

KaitMar Book Reviews

I'm just an average 22 year old college student, currently living in Iowa. I love fiction books, mostly romance.

Cape Cod Promises (Love on Rockwell Island, Book 2) (Volume 2) - Melissa Foster, Bella Andre

Bella Andre and Melissa Foster created another fantastic novel! I loved their work with the Love on Rockwell Island and getting to meet the Rockwell family. Cape Cod Promises continued on the Rockwell story by getting the story on the older brother, Trent, and his ex-wife Reese.

Trent and Reese had fell in love quickly after they first met. Shortly after meeting, falling in love, and getting married, the couple moved to New York City. City life turned out to be much different than island life. Each handled the noise and chaos differently. Fear and lack of communication made them fall apart.

Years later, the two finally meet again after avoiding each other. Their type of love is hard to get over. Each had spent those long years apart to grow and learn what they truly wanted in life. The novel kept my interest the entire time wanting to know how Trent and Reese would act being brought together again.

There's one quote that stood out to me the most. Tilly, one of the elderly students of Reese's painting classes at the assisted living facility on the island, had compared the similarities with love and painting. Tilly said:
"And just like you show us how to tweak our colors and bring more life into our paintings by using different brushes and different strokes, or applying shading to temper some areas and bring out others, love is the same way. Two people bring together their personalities, wants, needs, hopes, fears-and hope to come out with something beautiful that inspires each of them, helps them grow-together and individually. Love takes tweaking."
This conversation between Tilly and Reese is one of my favorites in the novel.

I loved reading Trent and Reese process through their emotions and feelings towards their present relationship and their past hardships. They try to learn to communicate better to help determine what their future could hold.

I received this book to review through Beck Valley Books Book Tours, all the opinions above are 100% my own.